Dating service for ivy league kaneohe dating
Before 1894 Ivybridge was made up of four neighbouring parishes: Harford – 2 miles (3.2 km) north; Ugborough – 2.5 miles (4.0 km) east; Ermington – 2 miles (3.2 km) south and Cornwood – 3 miles (4.8 km) northwest.
All the parishes' boundaries met at the Ivy Bridge.
While heavy industry diminished during the latter half of the 20th century, the population grew significantly from 1,574 people in 1921 to 12,056 in 2001.In 1836 the Parish of Saint John was formed (the name of the church at the time, which was named after John the Evangelist).The parish represented the small central area of Ivybridge known at present.There are two electoral wards in Ivybridge East and Ivybridge West with a total population of 11,851.
Mentioned in documents as early as the 13th century, Ivybridge's early history is marked by its status as an important crossing-point over the River Erme on the Exeter-to-Plymouth route.
The paper mill closed in 2013 after 226 years in Ivybridge and the buildings are being converted to homes and shops.